4/7/11

Thrifting

I was excited to head out yesterday morning and make a quick round of 3 thrift stores that are located in relatively the same area. I typically figure that if I hit one of them, I can take 15 more minutes and visit the other two. We are wacky people, us thrifters, aren't we?


Giftwood, Made In Japan--Love the color of this piece. Perfect to hold treasures.


I really don't drink that much, but am drawn to anything that screams Cocktails! I would have grooved the 50s and 60s. These are swizzle sticks that resemble kitchen matches.
And yes, I am still very drawn to owls. If not for me, then for you.

These treasures and others can all be found on Etsy.

8 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

I'm not a drinker either, but I do love the bar ware from that era, and I think I would have grooved it too. I can picture myself with a Nancy Sinatra hairdo, and in an outfit that definitely involved some white go-go boots!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Carol, we could have rocked that era together!
Sonya

Thrift Store Lover said...

fun finds, I also love to thrift hunting and posted some of my finds tonight on my blog.

Jackie said...

Oh those swizzle sticks are so cute, and I don't even use swizzle sticks!

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Love the design of the little treasure box, it's like an upgraded version of the tins I have!

Just scanned a few of my swizzle sticks today and posted them on the blog, I really like the matchstick ones you found.

Joy said...

I'm actually wearing a vintage silver owl necklace right now. It belonged to my dh's grandmother who passed away last month. Dh's mom let me have some of her costume jewelry and vintage linens. I was so excited when the owl necklace was part of that collection

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Those swizzle sticks....why...they are sizzlers!

Ms. Yingling said...

I've been wearing the dangly owl necklaces for years, and now all the teen stores are starting to show them. My daughter is dismayed that I might actually be (*gasp*) cool.And LOVED Flicka, Ricka and Dicka.