5/11/11

Dreaming Of Veggies

I have been doing much contemplating of the garden this year. Realistically looking at my space and how much of it I will be able to use. And this year, I shall truly try not to over-plant.

Which is a real problem for me.

The Gurney seed catalog came way back in January and I think after months of browsing, this is what I am going to do:

Cucumbers

Chocolate Cherry Tomatoes

Heirloom Rainbow

Chocobelle Sweet Peppers

Italian Basil

Seriously, those peppers and chocolate cherry tomatoes are the best! We always bought them at the Sioux City Farmers Market last season, so in the event mine do not make it, we know where to purchase them.

What will your garden grow this year?

7 comments:

Melinda9 said...

I've grown those Chocolate Cherry tomatoes - they're delicious.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Melinda, I've been craving them since last august:)

Sue said...

They all look so pretty!

Ninny said...

i have too much shade in my yard for a veg garden, but one year I tried to grow tomatoes and bell peppers in pots on my deck...I got one pepper and a few scrawney tomatoes. Good luck with your garden!

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

I've never heard of chocolate cherry tomatoes! Do they taste any different than regular cherry tomatoes?

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

They are so sweet...a deep, sweet tomato flavor!

Fiona said...

I grew the heirloom tomatoes this year. The birds loved them! The best one was the solid deep red one. Not many seeds and heaps of flesh. Great for sauces and bottling. Good luck.