5/18/11

From The "Free" Table

Most sales I visit always seem to have a table or box filled with items that have a sign attached saying: Free! Help Yourself!
Stuff that the seller can just not figure out why someone would want, let alone pay for...

But still too good to just throw away...

These were found at a Church rummage last week! After I made my purchases, I mentioned that I was going to take a couple trays from their free table by the door. I always like to tell people if I do take something off their free pile, just because...

The two ladies working the check out wanted me to know there were areas of rust on the trays, but that is completely ok by me...These are going to be perfect for the studio to use as glitter trays!

Do you have 'free tables' in your areas that you rummage? Do you find things on them you can use?

10 comments:

KayteeJane's House said...

Wow! I love those trays. That is great that they were in the free bin. I think it is so funny that most of the stuff I love to collect is either free or very cheap at the church sales. I guess the ladies that price the stuff don't think is worth much! How fun.

AuntLou said...

Oh my soul! How pretty! :)

Linda said...

i love the free box too! those trays are pretty enough to use as magnetic note boards or something. Love 'em!

grunge-queen said...

Pretty! I would use them to put my perfume bottles or jewellery on - but the I know you're a glitter gal!

barbara said...

Those are just beautiful! I almost never find anything good in the free pile, but I always look - and I did find a giant paper mache Christmas boot one time, so that's probably the only great freebie I'm going to get!

Shanna said...

I usually find the best stuff in the free boxes at rummage and estate sales. It is very true that one person's trash is another's treasure. ;) Everything seems to be treasure to me so I have been being very careful about hitting sales so far this year. That will last until after I have my own rummage sale and make room for more treasure.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Oh, I am so glad you all have free boxes/tables to dig through, too!

I am grooving Linda's idea of making them into magnetic note boards...Thanks Linda!

Zootsuitmama said...

I have that green tray! I miss my free table at work! Got the cutest stuff when the elderly people cleaned out their apartments!

Melinda9 said...

Never see 'free' tables here in SE Conn. Although at some sales the prices are so low, you wonder how they make any money. I still see 10¢ items at some sales.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm not trying to be a-nony-mouse on purpose, just not registered as anything else.
Recently went to an estate sale, a large free box was filled with old shoes with yucky slippers on top. After passing it up I went back and looked through to the bottom and wow, found 5 pairs of neat vintage - like 60's and 70's style flats and heels in great shape. I rarely look in the free boxes so I'm glad I went back. Love your blog!