6/27/11

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...

There hasn't been much thrifting the last few days so I am living vicariously through my bloggy friends who seem to find the best Christmas goodies! I left threatening jealous comments to their posts. My work here is done.

So the kids and I were back in Yankton last week and of course had to go out to the dam to see all the water coming through those gates:

It was overwhelmingly powerful.


Our caterpillar turned into a beeaauuutiful butterfly:


What I am reading:
Finished it and didn't looooove the ending, but still was glad to have read it...the rest of the book was great!


Enjoy your day, Sonya

10 comments:

Ninny said...

I read The Help, too, and didn't like the ending. On the whole, I liked the book very much and am excited to see it made into a movie. I have been updating the house and not much junkin' has been going on, but I do have more Christmas to list on Etsy, just no time to do that right now. Stay cool!!!

Erin said...

I read the Help also! I'm so happy you said you didn't like the ending because I wasn't thrilled about it either. I can't wait for the movie to come out I think in August.

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

i've never heard of that book. i might have to check it out.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Ninny and Erin, I feel better knowing I am 'not the only one'!

Teresa, let me know what you think of it.

ecoMILF said...

did you say the word 'christmas'? no! please, no! not another thing to start thinking about?! i'm giving myself until at least mid-august before that enters my mind!! xo m.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Sounds like some good simple times. Those are the best. Have been enjoying your blog today and going through your posts.

Maria Rose said...

I felt the same way about the book. Excited to see the film adaptation.

Ally said...

I just found your blog and am enjoying it!

I am also reading the help and am about 50 pages to the end...I hope I like the ending!!! I'm nervous now, based on what the others who commented said!

:) Ally
www.feverthrift.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I read the book HELP last summer. I loved it. I grew up in the 60's
and never even knew people had maids. It is coming out soon in movie form.
Went to the unnamed place last night. Got just a few things.Missed you.
#95 Deb

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Eco (love your name!) You would laugh if you walked thru hobby lobby here...christmas has been out for a few weeks!
Elaine and Ally, Welcome!
Teresa, let me know what you think of the movie...I think it'll be a fun girlfriend outing.