6/20/11

Playing with Paper Dolls




I made a mistake while thrifting. I know, I know...it doesn't seem possible, but I did.

These paper doll folders were just sitting there waiting for me. I didn't check in the inside items very well. I just assumed the dolls were in there. But when I got home and spread it out on the table this is what I found:





THAT is not Lamb Chop!

I also bought this paper doll folder:







No Linda, but there were these two lovely ballerinas in the folder.

The plans were to put them on Etsy. Now what?



Enjoy your day!Sonya

7 comments:

Van said...

Hell yes, amazing finds! I looove when I find playful bits. I'd sell the paper dolls, but no one could take the lamb chops from me! ;)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I still have all my paperdolls from when I was little. They are all used but I have all the folders. What a great find, too bad no lamb chop

Mick said...

That Sherry Lewis box makes me smile, She was my FAVORITE as a kid! Even without the dolls it'd be neat to frame and hang on a wall!

Myrna Hynes said...

My Aunt had paper dolls like that, I'd play with them for hours. I'll be watching if you put them on Etsy, my little girl may love them as much as I did :)

Melinda9 said...

Shari Lewis brings back memories of when my kids were little and loved her PBS show. And I still sing the theme song - 'This is the song that doesn't end, yes, it goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...'

Deb said...

great finds and I would put them on etsy or ebay they are great for collage and altered art projects.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

You all are so supportive of my 'mistakes':) They will be heading to Etsy.