8/13/11

Put One Foot In Front Of The Other...


The look on Callie's face made me chuckle when I came around the corner...















"Hey...you OK?"













"Ummm...guys...she is up...she is walking TOWARDS ME"












I am home, safe and sound and resting comfortably! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and emails. They all come back to you thousandfold. We did the surgery back in Yankton since that is where my beloved Dr Ferrell does his best work. The surgery center attached to the hospital is excellent and was a good experience.

Driving the hour back to Sioux City on Wednesday? Not so much. Since then my days have fallen into a predictable routine...Breakfast and nap, shower and nap, lunch and nap, supper that someone has dropped off followed by a nice nap before bedtime. Each day involves less napping, thank goodness, because I am bored out of my mind and it does feel wonderful to do tiny activities through out the day. Even though the activities make me sleepy. Geez.

Lu and Bud start school this week. I could just cry that our summer vacation is over! But am trying to keep it together because that would only mean I would need another nap and for the love of pete, I do NOT want another nap.

I did put the Dime Store Thrift ETSY shop back online and have really good intentions to begin filling it for fall and the holidays. I had thrifted some really fab things over the summer that have been destined to hit the shop when the season arrived...and from the look on the calendar, the season has arrived!

Regular blogging will resume on Monday.

Enjoy your day! Sonya

6 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

So glad you are home and feeling better. Hugs, Marty

Jane said...

Happy to hear that you're home and up, at least some of the time! Take it easy while recovering!
Jane-Jacksonville

Rosie said...

Hope youre feeling better and stronger everyday.
hugs
rosie

Sue said...

Welcome back - I missed you! So glad you're on the mend. Many prayers have gone up.

Cali reminds me of returning from a 2 week trip and seeing the look on my cat's face. I truly would not have believed a cat could look astonished! She meowed, oh, it's YOU! And ran to her dish so I could prove my love!

May your recovery continue to go smoothly. God bless you!

~~Carol~~ said...

So glad you're feeling better! I bought a box of vintage ornaments the other day for $1, and I thought of you! I'm that much closer to making one of your wreaths. Yay!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Thank you, all! It is nice to know you have my back:)
Hugs, Sonya