8/27/11

Thrifting Groove




Well, I am definitely getting back into a thrifting groove this week. After running a few necessary errands each morning, I had time to stop at several old haunts to see what's new since I last darkened their doorsteps. And there were several great things that came right on home with me!

That being said...By 1:00 each day, I was tapped out. So yes, I am feeling much, much better. And yes, I realize I can't just jump back into everything with both feet. Cause the body says HALT when it is ready for me to be done.


Thankfully, I had not halted before finding this piece at Memory Lane. Never really thought of myself as an Angel Collector, but this piece is excellent. I am LOVING the crumpled tin foil in the frame and the fab vintage plastic frame itself. The picture just glows! Haven't decided yet if it will be a part of our Christmas decor or if it will head on to Etsy.


We shall see.






Enjoy your day! Sonya

3 comments:

Melinda9 said...

I have a lot of angels, pictures and figures - I'm not religious and don't believe in them, but there's something about a wing├Ęd being that appeals to me. Usually only get them from thrift shops and yard sales.
That picture is nice - love the silhouette.

Sue said...

For some reason, when I saw that, it brought to mind the shaved crayon pictures we made when we were kids - crayon shavings on waxed paper, then ironed. Can't remember all the detail, but it was fun.

Glad you're able to get out and about!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will want to get a twitter button to your blog. Just bookmarked this site, but I had to complete this manually. Just my advice.

My blog:
telefon dsl vergleich und dsl anbieter vergleich