9/13/11

I am not one to scrapbook...

I love the idea of scrap booking.

I do.

It's just that I know myself and I would totally want to redo those same scrapbooks that I spent time and money on, within 5 years as they come out with new things and my tastes change. It is just easier for me to stick pics in albums. Not that I am even that far. Right now our pictures are mostly stacked inside a big trunk.(Note to self: you gotta deal with that trunk at some point.)

So even though I don't use them 'properly' I really love walking the scrap booking aisles and seeing all the fabulous stuff there is to play with. All the stickers and borders and pens and glitter and add on's...it makes me happy.





I was excited yesterday when I found these journals. And then found some borders to dress them up. Not really creating, just assembling. It was an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon. So much so that I was wishing I had a few more to play around with.




I can think of so many uses for these! This grouping is going to be used as a gift for a girlfriend. Which means I need to get more journals to dress up!

Are you a scrap booker? Do you use photo albums? Or do you also have a trunk stuffed with pics you need to deal with?

Enjoy your day, Sonya

5 comments:

AuntLou said...

Using albums with sleeves allows me to add a little scrapbooking element to a page, if I wish, and still move things around. One sleeve on the page can be the story or a stamped image or,well, you know. Not that I do this, much. I lost my crafting area about 2 years after I lost my Mom, and haven't build up the momentum to get going, yet.

Sue said...

I love seeing the beautiful scrapbooks people create, but I find it overwhelming. And as a hand quilter, I do NOT need another time-consuming hobby! I have 2 boxes of photos to put into albums. *sigh* But when my grandson was born, I bought a special album and started using it right away. But it's just a regular photo album. I care more about the pictures, anyway, than decorating it.

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

I scrapbook, make cards, and do altered journals. You can check out some of the stuff I've done at http://www.seriouslyitsjustpaper.com/.

I usually give away all the scrapbooks I make but I am working on a travel one for myself.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Aunt Lou, I understand. Do a few and see if you can get into the groove. If you aren't feeling it after an hour, give it some more time. Hugs to you.

Sue, those quilts you make are just as important down the road!

Teresa, Your journals are AWESOME!!

Betsy Jane said...

I am on a similar wavelength in regards to scrapbooking. It looks like SO much fun, with all its little stuff and this and that, and I can picture organizing everything, and ... Stop! I have made a conscious decision NOT to scrapbook because I will attack it with everything I have, just like everything else I do, and I will spend money I don't need to spend and hours I want to use for other things. I was very pleased to see you found a way to use some of the supplies and it got me thinking (uh oh) about other ways to use these wonderful items. Or maybe I could vow to make only ONE each year, about our annual vacation, and... No No NO! :)