10/31/11

Happy Halloween!



---Hubby and I had to divide and conquer the other day with the kids...Lu and Hubby both needed to get some clothing while Bud and I headed out to the Railroad Museum:



Where they had trains, pumpkin painting AND a petting zoo:


It was a blast! And how seriously adorable is that tiny one?? I want one to go with the chickens that I don't have. Ahem.

---I put jewelry at Memory Lane...and it is FLYING off the shelves! It is always such a good feeling when someone else likes what you make by hand.

---I've waited to buy chocolate for Halloween trick or treating tonight. How bad is it that I will give the chocolate out at the very last? Smarties, tootsie pops and laffy taffy...who cares? But I WANT MY CHOCOLATE. This is why I needed to wait until today. I have a wee bit of a problem, yes?

---Good friends are coming over tonight for our annual Trick or Treating get-together with the traditional Chicken Enchilada Soup and cheap red wine. The guys take the kids out, the girls stay and hand out candy. It is a win/win.

---Speaking of the soup, I need to find some great bowls today so am off to do a bit of thrifting!


What do you like to hand out for Halloween treats?


Enjoy your day, Sonya

3 comments:

Linda said...

the tiny goat is soooooo cute! Why didn't you pass along the hint about not buying chocolate until the last minute???? ....maybe then I'd have some left. LOL I like your idea about the guys taking the kids and the gals staying at home...the menu sounds delicous too!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Hi Linda! There were 3 itty bitty ones there, they were so adorable!
I knew if I bought it before today, I would be buying it twice;)

Sue said...

Great idea about the chocolate. I used to buy candy I didn't like!

Great idea about the party!