11/18/11

Getting There

Thank you.

For the prayers, emails, texts, flowers, meals, kindness, help with getting the kids where they need to be. We are all so grateful to have such a wonderful network in times like these. Even just hearing other people's stories of gall bladders is bonding. Seems more people have had them out than still have them in!

This has been quite a year and you don't realize how precious the wonderful people who are surrounding you until they do these acts of kindness that just bring you to tears of gratitude. And thank God for amazing surgeons and good hospitals.

Each day is better. Will be glad to be in more of a routine by next week.

Enjoy your day, your weekend,
Sonya

6 comments:

Shara said...

Glad you are feeling better. I found the shoulder pain from the air the worst part of the recovery. That and trying not to laugh - that really HURTS!

Glenda said...

Hope you are feeling better - I am looking forward to more blogposts as you recuperate. Always enjoy hearing about the kids and Callie (I'm a cat lover). Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Thanks Shara, I have not had the shoulder pain, thank goodness...I have heard that can be intense.
Thank you Glenda, will be posting regularly starting monday. (And those kitties make me happy too!)

Sue said...

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to blog a little! I always miss you when I don't "see" you online. I saw something in The Martha's Christmas magazine that made me think of you, and I could see you salivating over it: a picture of a replica of a vintage dime store at Christmas! God bless your continuing recovery.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Thanks Sue, I miss you guys too! This little hobby of mine has really connected us, another reason to be grateful today.
Will let you know when I see that picture...oh to travel back in time to shop:)

Katie said...

So, I was looking for "thrift blogs" and I came across this one and, as I enjoyed reading through posts, I see that yet ANOTHER thrifter is deficient in the gallbladder department to the tune of ONE. Had mine out two years ago. Best thing ever. You're probably already feeling much better, and I agree with Shara, that shoulder pain damn near killed me!