12/27/11

Christmas 2011 Goodies:

Welcome Back!
I didn't do a TON of baking/candy making this year (or any year for that matter) but I did make some standards:


Layer Bars


Chocolate Dipped Pretzels


Chex Mix without Nuts for Bud


Honey Bee Mix With Almonds


Really Spicy Pretzels



















Things I did not make: Scotcharoos and Cut Out Sugar Cookies. I missed the scotcharoos terribly, but those cut out cookies bring me to tears whenever we have made them!

What do you make for Christmas goodies? Are there things that you SHOULD make, but simply cannot handle making with a joyful heart??

Enjoy your day, Sonya

5 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

first year I did not get my sugar cookies made and I miss that. no fudge no butterscoth hay stacks either....time went to fast!?

Melinda9 said...

My daughter's birthday is Dec 24, so I always bake a cake for that. Any cookies I make usually get scarfed up quickly. I'm still doing a little baking this week. I'm like you, I think - I try to keep it simple.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Ann, it went FAR too fast this year. Maybe we'll do more baking on the next snow day?

Melinda, at some point I will have to stop calling the goodies "Breakfast!"...they do get scarfed down quick, don't they?

aimee said...

It all looks great! I didn't make peanut butter fudge this year, nor Christmas crunch bark, but that's okay. However, I did make cut-out cookies - I have a recipe that's foolproof if you're interested! Just let me know.

Sue said...

I raised cookie-deprived children!! They had the good fortune that Grandma would have them spend the day close to Christmas and they would get to help make and decorate gingerbread cookies. I have the stuff to make party mix, but still haven't done it! I did bake my Mom's applesauce cake recipe for Christmas dinner.