4/17/12

Hobby Lobby

Every single time walking through Hobby Lobby, I seem to find something else that I want to make.

This was my latest "OH! I can do THAT!" while buying more yarn for that blanket that is slowly being crocheted.

How cute are THESE!? I am certain my sister is laughing out loud right now as she reads this...the woman sews and does all sorts of fabulous handiwork that I have completely taken for granted until recently when I became a wee bit obsessed with all things done with a needle or hook.

Now, here is a question for my people-who-do-this-sort-of-thing: Is it wrong to make some of these using the adorable paint tubes they are selling right about these? Or do I have to learn to make real stitches with real thread? Stop laughing, Sister.

Knowing me, I am probably going to start out with the tubes of paint.

9 comments:

AuntLou said...

Paint tubes - very retro! "Everybody" was doing it in the... what? 10960's? 1970's?
We were just looking for those. (Now, I don't remember what fer we wanted them.) :)

AuntLou said...

LOL! nineteen-sixties! (gah!)

barbara said...

I did not know that paint tubes had returned! I do not see this as good news .... I have yet to find the old paint-decorated linen I wanted to keep! But that's just me. Do what you must!

Alyssa said...

i think whatever works for you, you should go for! that is the nice part about crafting, you can always put your own touch/spin on projects. dont forget to post pictures after you finish with it!

Sue said...

Who cares as long as you're happy with it! It's easy to judge other people, but bottom line is, you're doing something you enjoy, and so probably will your family and friends. Sounds like fun (but not adding it to my long list, LOL!).

Shanna said...

My grandma used to use the iron on transfers and the paint tubes. I still have some of the towels and doily type things she made many moons ago. I also have several of these collecting dust in my house if you would be interested in some more to add to your project list. ;) Email me if you want me to send you some more.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I seriously had never paid much attention to any that were painted, I don't even think I had come across them! My sister said that my aunt had made TONS of these and we decided I am now picking up where she left off. They are just for me, however, I will not be making any for gifts so my relatives can now breathe easy;)

Anonymous said...

I say go ahead and use the paint tubes; you can always embroider over them later if you decide to take that on! Meanwhile you're enjoying all those cute little graphics.

Wendy said...

I just stumbled across your blog in a link from another blog in a link from another blog I stumbled across from... oh well, you get the idea! :)

I had to smile when I saw this post. I loved my ballpoint paints in the 80s (along with my plastic canvas & my little sewing machine - what can I say, I had delusions of craftiness LOL.)

Until I stumbled across them a couple of weeks ago at Hobby Lobby, I had no idea they still made them. I came soooo close to buying some if only for the nostalgia they triggered. I was strong and resisted the urge, but seeing your post is making me rethink my decision (what can I say, I still have delusions of craftiness!)