5/5/12

Library Book Sale (Part 2)

So where was I now? OH yes...back to the library book sale on Saturday. Which was much lovelier than the trip on Friday Night. I am just not a crowd-of-people sort of girl. I get irritated and when nudged, I have a tendency to want to nudge back. Or when people are looking at books to their right with a huge box resting on the books I want to look at on their left...yeah...it just doesn't bring out the best in me. So it is much, much better if I go when the crowds have thinned out a bit and I can just look and look and look.








I was very happy with what I found Saturday as well! The one that tickled me the most was finding the pristine copy of Mrs Sharps Traditions. Such a fun read! I don't think it had ever been cracked open.



So...not too bad! I had found 8 more great books and was still pleased I didn't go overboard. And then I went back to the book sale today for the final day of the sale. There were a LOT left.

I might have gone a wee bit overboard.
These will be taken to the lake this summer...
Many of these children's books will be used for crafting as they are falling apart, the top books will be also taken to read over the summer. I simply cannot wait to sit down and go through them tomorrow!
How are you at book sales (auctions...crowded stores...)? Do you thrive on the crowds of the people or want to nudge back, too?

6 comments:

Jane said...

Sure fun to rummage around at a book sale, isn't it? We've been taking more lately than buying, but still plenty here! Enjoy your haul!

AuntLou said...

Do not thrive on the packed people, but most are genial, though absent minded.

Worst, to me, are the ones who bring small children, stay too long with them, let them scream and, worst of all, let them mess up the books. You know who you are! :)

Don't think I've ever been nudged.

acorn hollow said...

I am not good at all.
I am also not a pusher and a shover.
good finds
Cathy

Carol Pirozek said...

I love all the book finds Sonya!! did they have any on crocheting? Carol

Michele said...

I have a hard time at really packed library sales and prefer ones where the competition isn't so intense.It looks like you got some great scores, though.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

We are all in agreement on this one!