5/1/12

Library Book Sale (Part One)

Lu and I hit the Library Book Sale Friday night and I was so very excited to find the books I found! This year I went with the idea that the books I needed would find me without much intense effort on my part.
And we didn't go until the sale was well underway to miss that first rush of book lovers.

My happy finds were the 3 hardcovers by the fabulous Mary Randolph Carter. The woman browsing next to me picked up each one and flipped through it and then would set it down. And I would pick it up. The BG&H Decorating book was in the same section.




I was so proud of myself for showing restraint and such focus walking out with only 4 books!
And then I went back on Saturday...(to be continued...)

9 comments:

Jill said...

Kitchen Junk and American Junk - sounds interesting.... I would have bought those...

svelteSTUFF said...

OH, The MRC books are WONDERFUL!!! Her blog was the FIRST I ever read, and what got me started into this whole blog world
~ memories 8-)... wish she still kept her blog alive! You will love the books- what a score. Do you have any others of hers?

Jane said...

It's always so hard to just get a few books, isn't it? You got some good ones!

AuntLou said...

Oh, those fateful Saturdays! Here, the price goes down a lot. Then, one library book sale has stuff a bag day, too. The bliss! :)

Melinda9 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda9 said...

I have American Junk and Big City Junk - love those books.

Scott Davis said...

You showed remarkable restraint. We went to a book sale yesterday, and walked out close to $300 poorer.

Michele said...

I love my MRC books too, so am happy on your behalf for finding three. Good score!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Those 3 books are still making me GIDDY happy for finding them! What a treat!