6/11/12

And We Are Back...


Love these little letter tiles!
  I took the kids up to Minnesota last week to spend a few days at the cabin...sometimes you have to take the time when it reveals itself to you. Summers go so very quickly, especially with activities both Lu and Bud are involved in, so we are enjoying every single moment.

Blanket found at Second Season on Pierce Street
  Something I want to find some more of are hand knit/crocheted blankets. I am still plugging away at my own hand made blanket, but in all honesty, have not picked up my hook in a terribly long time. 

These are just a few things I took with me up to the lake and did not even glance at while there...along with the previous mentioned crocheting, I brought along a metal stamping kit, my recipe box to organize and several misc craft projects that went untouched because I spend most of the time in and around this:



It always surprises me how much we take up there while in reality, we do not use 1/10th of what we bring along. As long as there are books, we are content.

Someday I will take my own advice and stop packing so much.

3 comments:

Carol Pirozek said...

Hi Sonya!! Theres always time to crochet when the snow begins to fall again!!till then enjoy your lake and cabin and your children...thats what summers are for~I envy you!! Take Care...Love ya! Carol

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

glad you had a great time. you're right - we always take more on trips than we need to take. but, we never want to be caught without something.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Hi Carol! That is what I was sort of thinking too....it might be my 'cold weather' activity!

Teresa, this habit might take a long time to break!!