11/21/12

Fastest Thanksgiving House Tour EVER:

 These little Gurley candles on the mantle freak Hubby out. They are MY favorite part of the scant decorations. It is an ongoing discussion. Which means I hide them in the bed to surprise him at night. And line them up all facing him in the morning when he wakes. Have them back to back holding his toothbrush. Sort of like Elf On The Shelf but with the Pilgrims. Just keeping things exciting on the homefront.
 On the buffet the lone decoration is the wooden turkey. Squint, you will find him back there.
And a cornucopia will with paper apples.

Tomorrow is going to be more about counting our blessings and enjoying good food rather than decorating. The turkey shall be the centerpiece.

Happy Thanksgiving! I count you among my Blessings and hope you have a beautiful day!

7 comments:

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Lol! That's hilarious and something I would totally do to my hubby! Happy Thanksgiving! :)
-Denise

Sue said...

Funny!

I have those candles - all but the tall pilgrims - purchased by my mother when I was a little girl, so very nostalgic for me. She had Gurley candles for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving! I include your blog on things I'm thankful for!

Jill said...

Love those little guys - men can be funny sometimes!!

I see no hope of finding a Gurley candle this holiday season, I just bought one online - this is what happens when you are pinning and blogging!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

TOO FUNNY...sorry for your hubby. I think they are sweet!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Deb

Carol Pirozek said...

I LOVE those cute little candles...sweet Sonya!! Happy Thanksgiving! Carol

Mick said...

"Tomorrow is going to be more about counting our blessings and enjoying good food rather than decorating. The turkey shall be the centerpiece." How perfectly put, Happy Thanksgiving!

AuntLou said...

I'm with Mick. :) The turkey wasn't the centerpiece, here. It was the condiments! We had buffet style. :)