11/23/11

The White Wreaths




Winter Wreath



These are the latest wreath creations that are heading to  my booth at Memory Lane. They both are made using a white, almost iridescent tinsel wreath. Both really POP!

Speaking of Memory Lane, I had a fellow thrifter/seller ask me how to make these...not a big deal as I've done tutorials on this, as you all know, the secret is in the vintage balls. But I was surprised walking past her booth yesterday to see her selling the same creations. At the same flea market that I am selling them in. At half the price that I am selling mine for. Which is sort of not cool.

After the loud involuntary noise that escaped my body upon seeing them (it sort of sounded like a loud "WHAT?!?!?!") I am letting it go. Mostly because mine are still cooler. And it serves me no purpose to get mad.


Bright Christmas


The colors in this one are just so happy! I have one more wreath I am planning on making this year and then will be focusing on some other Christmas crafting. With glitter.
Enjoy your day! Sonya

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love the blue and white Winter Wreath! That was very uncool of that person to copy you. I'm sure yours are better. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I love that one too...it makes me think of January and snow:) Happy Thanksgiving to you, too Marilyn!

Shara said...

Not cool, for sure! I put the ones I made in my booth and noticed another boothhas some wreaths too. BUT - they are made of brand new PLASTIC glittery balls from Target AND they are $20.00 more than my uber cool vintage wreaths. If theirs sell and mine don't I will DIE. Good luck with yours!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Just beautiful...but then I am a sucker for vintage ornaments!

AuntLou said...

Mercy! Oh, well... :I

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

I'm positive yours are prettier. But oh, that was so tacky of her to do that. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't in the same mall. Some people are really dog eat dog. Me, me, me. And if she's like my sister-in-law, she'll make everybody think it was her original idea. :-(

Kathy@ Gone North said...

Your wreaths are just Beautiful!
I have been wanting to try it... maybe I will just buy one this year. Are you selling any on Ebay this year??
And I know what you mean about the copycats out there... I do wool mittens, been doing them for more than 15 yrs. (& I do them better than anyone else.. : ) so last year a woman @ my Chuch asked how I do it, she wanted to make them & give them to the mission... so I tell her & last week, during Church she announces that she is selling them...I was SO MAD I could have spit..& Like you.. Mine are better & I'll get over it... BUT I will never share my secrets again..
Have a good Holiday

Comeca Jones said...

Ahhhh I think they are beautiful its rare that you find a white one in the stores believe me I have looked.Our tree is white so I wanted things to flow better but oh well. We'll be heading to my moms for the holidays and I plan on visiting garden ridge as soon as I get there!I already have my colors picked out!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Thanks you guys. I know anybody can slap these together...but I like to think that mine are sooooo much better;)

Kathy, its like your friend forgot that she was making them for giveaway and now thinks she is unique and should sell. Geeeez. You would think at some point she might remember YOUR IDEA AND YOU SELL THEM! But again, her mittens are not yours.
Wanda, your sil makes me chuckle...does your tongue hurt from biting it at family gatherings or do you whip rolls at her head? A good roll thunk is priceless:)

Sue said...

I love your new wreaths! And disgusted with people like that. Makes you leery of helping people in the future, doesn't it, which is the saddest part of it. Hope yours do well - they are gorgeous. I have 5 days off and hope I can squeeze in making just one!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Comeca, the white ones are at Target!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Sue, I really won't let this make me bitter...I promise. And just MAKE one, girl!