12/30/11

Do You Know Where That One Recipe Is??

Because I have NO idea where it is at.

One of my little projects the past few weeks has been to get my recipes in order. Mostly get rid of recipes I have never made and absolutely will NEVER make and to put together a cook book of our very favorites. So I could find exactly what I needed without a search of 8 or 9 different spots where the recipe might be hiding. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas I make something we refer to as "Dumplings with Sauerkraut". I made it at Thanksgiving, but do you think I could find it to make at Christmas?? It ended up being in a pile of post office receipts on top of my desk in the Studio. What??

Of course I started this project in the middle of getting ready for Christmas. Because that is SUCH A GOOD TIME OF YEAR TO START PROJECTS. It must have been just the soothing type of activity I needed, however, because I did get quite a bit done looking at it all over an afternoon. Mostly getting rid of double (triple...quadruple...) recipes for pumpkin muffins and chicken chili.

But then I put it all away and am now waiting patiently for a nice blizzard to take the clippings and recipe cards out again and organize. I also wanted to find out what recipes the rest of the family felt needed be tried or let go of.

I think if all my recipes were just in these 3 pictures, my life would be far less complicated. But there are more...far more. Will keep you posted.







Enjoy your day, Sonya

4 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

that has been on my to do list for years...don't remind me!
I have a drawer full, plus my box, my moms, my grandma's and great grandma's to sort!

ladyhawthorne said...

At least you don't have over 300 cookbooks to go thru like me!

Kristi said...

Sonya, why don't you just scan them into the computer and have them on file that way? I would think that would make them more organized and get rid of all the paper. Just an idea. :)

Thrifted Treasure said...

Blurb have software to make your own cookbooks at really low prices, I'm thinking of doing one featuring all my boys' favorites ;)