11/29/12

Christmas All Through The House--The Kitchen and Back Living Room


And our little Christmas Through The House tour is nearly at an end. I am forbidden from taking you upstairs and through the rest of the house due to the confidentiality clause Hubby makes me sign every year.

Here we are in the door of the kitchen area. I LOVE the old bell magnet from my parents home and along with the magnet I reproduced a few years ago. I need to make some more of those!


The vintage wire tree and old ornaments still have a place up on top.

All the Children's Christmas books fill the metal bin. We are actually reading one every.single.night.


Snowman collection on the back cupboard. Along with other decorations, hese have really been thinned out over the past few years as well!


LOVE this framed old magazine. Such a great idea to do with old papers.



Another tiny collection that was just made to stretch out along the back of the stove...





 Thank you for taking these tours with me this year! I am all warm and fuzzy with the kind comments that have been left. You have been WONDERFUL guests! If you are in the neighborhood, you call me and we shall have a cup of coffee.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It getting to feel like Christmas, like the nostalgia look and great idea for kids books

Marilyn said...

I have enjoyed your tour. I have the same regrig. that juts out and is a tight fit ....also the same toaster sitting next to refrig...LOL. I also have the small Christmas books and I display them in an open trunk. (Yours are sitting on a trunk) I also have the Santas and snowmen. Didn't bring them out this year. Last year I had every decoration out....getting to old for that now. Merry Christmas

Tami Von Zalez said...

Book bin tin is a great idea!

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Love the old wire tree!!

Cheapchick said...

Your home looks beautiful! I love the kids Christmas books - really good idea to read one each day

AuntLou said...

I like this post even better than the others. I love the wire tree! What a good idea to show off the vintage ornaments, especially the glass family ones that are so precious. As for the book tub, I wish I had done that! These days, I'm often the only one watching the Christmas movies we have amassed. :/

Sue said...

I've loved the tour! I, too, put out Christmas books, but mostly not children's. I try to read one during the season.

My son got down a few of my Christmas boxes yesterday before running out of time. A cousin is coming tonight to help finish up. It's in a loft space accessible by ladder - you can't climb the ladder while carrying a large rubbermaid tote, darn it! First thing to do once they are all down, take the nativities to church and set up in the large display case.

Anonymous said...

Love the Santa mug on the back of your stove with the greenery and red candle in the middle! Your home looks so neat and uncluttered too!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Thank you again you lovely ladies for dropping by and commenting! I really enjoyed giving the tour.